Prep Time: 1hr
What you need:
- 2 bunches of Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley, leaves only, washed, dried and finely chopped (Approximately 3 full cups of chopped parsley)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Small/Medium Onion (white or brown), finely diced
- A Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Raw Cracked Wheat
- Juice of 1 Lemon (or more to taste)
- 4 to 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground White Pepper
Wash and drain the parsley, pick the leaves and finely chop them and set aside in a bowl.
Do the same to the mint and add them to the parsley. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl too.
Squeeze the lemon. Peel and chop the onion and put them in the lemon juice, add the peppers and salt.
Pour the lemon/onion mix over the rest of ingredients.
Add the cracked wheat then all the dressing ingredients.
Taste and season according to your taste from here on.
Some people prefer a lemony Tabbouleh, some like it salty. Do it your way!
Serve immediately as the cracked wheat tends to become soggy. But this has never kept me from finishing left over Tabbouleh the next day!