Prep Time: 20′
What you need:
- 1 Large Romaine Lettuce, washed and cut into thick slices
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 200g Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced
- A Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves
- Lebanese Bread, grilled and broken into small piece. You can substitute this bread with grilled thin Pita or Tortilla or Omit all together.
- Juice of 1 Lemon (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 Tbsp Sumak Powder
- Sea Salt to taste
Fattoush is as popular as the Tabouleh Salad in Lebanon. Usually when you go to a restaurant, you order either or, for a large group, you typicaly find both on the table!
It’s much easier to make than Tabbouleh because of the lack of parsley. Some people add a handful of fresh parsley leaves, I don’t.
Wash all your ingredients, drain well and prepare all: dice, chop, slice etc.
Put all your vegetables in a large salad bowl.
Make your dressing and add it to your salad. Mix well, serve in a dish and sprinkle the grilled bread pieces.
Some restaurants and people deep fry the bread, it tastes awesome but why make a healthy salad less healthy 🙂