Prep Time: 45′
What you need:
- 4 Beetroots: 2 boiled and 2 raw, all thinly sliced
- Mixed Salad Leaves x 2 portions
- 100g Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Sea Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Vinegar Candied Pecans
First of all, I always wear gloves before working with beetroots. I like combining textures so I boil 2 beetroots for 7 or 8 minutes just to make them tender but not fully cooked. I leave those to cool, meanwhile I thinly slice the other 2 raw beetroots. You can use a mandolin for this. Then slice the 2 that have cooled down.
Assemble them in 2 plates.
Mix the dressing ingredients together (olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper) and add the mixed salad leaves and mix well.
Place a handful of salad on the beetroots.
Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and pecans!
Simple, fresh and super tasty!